CPH | Centro Profesional Hispano
Centro Profesional Hispano | 818.888.4682
Obtain your permanent residency card (green card). We can help! Obtain your permanent residency card (green card). We can help!
Apply for permanent residence to obtain permanent residency status in the United States you may have multiple ways to apply. You  can be eligible for different ways; some can be faster than others. The more common and mainly used categories are: 1). having a relative who is a U.S. citizen or permanent residence. 2). legally working in a company in the United States of America. 3. Requesting political asylum. 4. Investing money capital in the United States of America. Within these categories there are other mini-categories for which you might be able to apply for a  permanent residency status. Centro Profesional Hispano can identify the option that best suits the needs and desires of those wishing to apply for permanent residence. Depending on the category to be  adopted if it can depend on the speed of the process to obtain resident status. Obtaining permanent residency through marriage with an American Citizen? If a foreigner marries a citizen of the United States of America, the alien may apply for spouse visa; the alien must not wait to become eligible before obtaining permanent residency. When a couple marries legally, there are currently two ways to process a visa and request for a legal  residency status through a U.S. citizen. The first form is used if the alien living outside the United States. In this case the candidate must apply as a close relative of a U.S. citizen and once the request is approved by the Immigration Service in the  United States, the U.S. consulate in the applicant's home country provides the background check,  medical examination, fingerprints, etc. When the process completes, the foreign spouse will be granted a visa as an immigrant to enter the United States, valid for six months. Upon arrival in the country, the documents will be processed at the airport and the alien will receive a "green card" (residence permit). Thus, once it is admitted to the United States, the alien spouse will be classified as a lawful permanent resident. Unfortunately the whole process takes 1 year and the wait can be uncomfortable and  frustrating for the couple due to the separation involved. The second procedure is carried out when the foreign spouse is in the United States. This is called "Status Adjustment" and also depends on the Immigration Service. This procedure obviously has advantages  over the previous on that the alien need not leave the United States to wait for the visa, if required, is also granted work authorization while the application is in progress and, depending on the particular facts of the applicant, the possibility of obtaining permission to travel abroad. Adjustment of status is a discretionary tool by which the Immigration Service of the United States is allowed to approve the  requests within the country. However, they are discretionary; it is a privilege not a right to be accepted for adjustment of status in the United States. As a result, one must be certain before embarking on a  process of this kind, given that some people do not qualify for it. The procedure takes about a year,  during which time it will require a personal interview with the Immigration Service. As long as the process is in place, the couple can live and work in the United States.
Immigration laws are designed to combat fraudulent marriages. Under the law, anyone who has  been married less than 2 years and apply for immigration benefits through marriage will be classified as a conditional permanent resident. This means that permanent residence is conditional on the fact that marriage is made in good faith and is not used to obtain immigration benefits. To protect  against such fraud, the permanent residency in this case will only be valid for 2 years, not 10 years as the "green card" issued to non-conditional resident. Finally, the law requires that within 90 days of the expiration of the "green card", the couple  submitted a new application to remove conditions on residence. This application requires new  documents and possibly need a second interview with the Immigration Service. It is the duties of the couple meet this requirement because otherwise, the residence he or she will automatically end and the person would be subject to deportation. Also there is a variation of the steps above as when the couple intends to marry, but have not done it yet. That is the Fiancé visa . In this process the U.S.  citizen abroad asked for this fiancé who may enter the U.S. as a nonimmigrant and once in the  country, the spouse can work on the process of adjustment of status. The benefits within this process are that the couple does not have to be separated for longs periods of time and upon arrival to the United States, the foreigner can work and obtain a work permit and minor children may also arrive at the same time. Fiancé visa requires making some of the paperwork at the consulate of the originated country, and once in the U.S., the couple has 90 days to marry and deliver the documents required  to adjust the status of the person in front of the Immigration Service. Finally, we must be made aware that marriage for immigration benefits or pay someone to marry is a crime that will bring stronger penalties. For U.S. citizens may include a fine of $ 250,000.00 dollars and / or 5 years in prison. For foreigners will mean the deportation, the failure in the future to get a visa to enter the United States. In conclusion, these alternatives should not be considered under any  circumstances.
call us now! (818) 888-4682
become a US Citizen
read more September 2011
download priority dates
download (pdf)
other services
Steps to apply for permanent residency
real estate
tax preparation
read more...
public notary
read more... Home Tax Services Immigration Real Estate Notary Public Contact Us Who we are Offers Obtain your work permit submit your application obtain your permanent residency card